The following Terms of Service apply to your use of the Michigan Green Chemistry Clearinghouse (Clearinghouse). You are solely responsible for your conduct and your content on the Clearinghouse and compliance with these terms. By registering with us or using or browsing the Clearinghouse website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms.
You agree that you will not post, e-mail or make available any content or use the Clearinghouse:
• In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party’s intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
• In a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
• To engage in spamming, “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
• In a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
• In a manner that is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another’s privacy;
• In a manner that is harmful to minors in any way;
• In a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
• To impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to the Clearinghouse without authorization;
• To interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Clearinghouse or prevent others from using the Clearinghouse, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to the Clearinghouse, or that otherwise negatively affects other person’s ability to use the Clearinghouse;
• To use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user’s account or to monitor or copy the Clearinghouse or the content contained therein;
• To facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
• In a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
• In a manner that employs misleading e-mail or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through the Clearinghouse or to users;
• In a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if e-mailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
Additionally, you agree not to:
• “Stalk” or otherwise harass anyone;
• Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
• Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of the Clearinghouse or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of the Clearinghouse for the purposes of automating logins to the Clearinghouse;
• Post any content containing child pornography to the Clearinghouse;
• Post any content that depicts or contains rape, extreme violence, murder, bestiality, incest, or other similar content;
• Post any content that constitutes pornography, contains nudity, or is adult in nature;
• Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from the Clearinghouse -except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or "well-behaved" web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by “well-behaved;”
• Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Clearinghouse’s infrastructure; • Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Clearinghouse;
• Use the Clearinghouse as a generic file hosting service;
• Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of the Clearinghouse or for using it for purposes unrelated to the Clearinghouse);
• Develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of the Clearinghouse. You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use the Clearinghouse to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct.
You also agree that the Clearinghouse Terms of Service inure to the benefit of our service providers (including our Clearinghouse platform provider) and that they may take action (including the removal of your content and disabling of your account) in order to maintain compliance with these Clearinghouse Terms of Service. Technology and hosting for aspects of the Clearinghouse are provided by an external IT Service Provider. However, the administrators of the Clearinghouse control the content, membership and policy of the Clearinghouse, including those pages served by the IT Service Provider on behalf of the Clearinghouse. Not with standing anything to the contrary, by participating on the Clearinghouse, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the IT Service Provider on all matters related to your interaction with others using the Clearinghouse and participation with the Clearinghouse.